The End of an Era!

We finally picked a reception venue! That means we now have a reception venue, a caterer, a date  and even a possible ceremony venue!

I cannot even express to you how excited I am about this!


So do you wanna know what we picked?!

The Links at Hiawatha Landing in Apalachin, NY!!


It's a gorgeous public golf course just outside of Binghamton, NY (our target area). The reception will be in a large permanent tent that overlooks the golf course with the beautiful mountains in the background. The pictures on the website just do not show how awesome the place really is.


Not only is the place easy on the eyes, but we are getting a great deal. The catering menu looks amazing and is actually in our budget, which was a rare thing to find for us. And, get this, there is no site fee! We get the place for pretty much however long we want, we can have our ceremony and reception there and we are just paying for the food, tax and gratuity. That is nothing short of amazing to me!

The site coordinator said we can just drop off all of our decorations a day or two before the wedding and they will do a table mock-up to make sure it's what we want and then they will decorate the tent for us that day.

Oh my gosh. I'm so excited right now. I need to end this post before I end up spilling the beans on all of the amazing gems we've found here! But I do want to say, we looked at hundreds of venues online before finding this one. When I first contacted them, they were booked for the whole summer but I said I wanted wanted to come by for a tour anyway (we considered moving the wedding into the fall). Days before our meeting he emailed me to say they had July 9th open up!

Fate I tell you! July 9, 2011 it is!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Dancy said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! You guys searched for a LONG TIME! COGRATS!