The Best Week of My Life! (So far...)

I know I've been MIA for a few weeks months but I promise I have a good excuse! For the last six months I've been working on a huge project. One that has taken me five years of long hard work to complete. My Bachelors Degree!!!



Friday, May 21st and Saturday, May 22nd (Yep, twice) I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with my Bachelors Degree in Environmental Management and my Certificate in Disaster and Emergency Management.


I spent the amazing weekend with Sean and the rest of my family celebrating. We ate lots of good food, spent time together and laughed a lot, and I can honestly say that those two days were the most relaxed I have been in months.


Sean told me months and months ago that he wanted to do something really special for me as my graduation gift. We love to go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Sean has family that lives down there and his parents go down for a week every year. We have gone with them for a few years but this year we decided to make a trip down there on our own. We rented an amazing condo right on the beach with an ocean view and had the most fun, most relaxing, most awesome week.

He knows how hard I have worked for the past five years for this degree. I've worked hard at school and kept at least a part-time and sometimes full-time job going at the same time. He also knows that while school is over, now I have the difficult task of finding (and accepting) a full-time job offer. We have already gone through some trying times with job offers that would require too much sacrifice or that just didn't fit for us. So now, it's back to work. Back to my old part-time job, back to looking for a full-time career job, back to being able to keep a semi-clean apartment and put dinner on the table occasionally, back to planning our wedding! ♥


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: