We Visit Our First Bridal Show: The Vendors

I think it's time that I finally get down to talking about a few of the potential vendors from our first bridal show. There were tons of vendors there but only a few really stood out.




The Pumpelly House

This place looked and sounded amazing. It's right on the river with gorgeous grounds. They have a spot for ceremonies to be held outside along the riverbank that is just beautiful.


Everything about the Pumpelly House sounded perfect except for their capacity. Even with a tent on the lawn they max out at about 150 people. This might work but our guest list is probably going to exceed 200. I know that everyone won't be able to attend but I'm not sure we can get it down that low. This venue is definitely one of our top ten right now.

West Branch Resort

The West Branch Resort was and I guess still is our biggest contender.


We really loved the idea of the West Branch Resort at first. It's close to where our parents live and right on the river (one of my big wants). The rep said that 200 people is a lot for the restaurant but that we could always put a tent out on the lawn. A tent wedding is a big dream of mine, and I would love the idea that we could plan to have it in the tent but move to the restaurant if the weather was bad. There are a huge number of positives for this venue: the location, the view, tent capabilities and cabins on site for guests to rent. But there are also a number of unknowns and possible negatives: We've never tried their food, the cabins are crazy expensive, the total rental costs may be crazy expensive and getting actual information like prices or details out of this rep is like pulling teeth. That last part reaaalllly annoys me. I really like for vendors to give up pricing and detailed information quickly and not waste my time or force me to call them and point blank ask them every. single. question.

But.... it is really gorgeous!



Cakes for Every Occasion

There were only a few cake bakery tables there but this one definitely stood out from the few. They had cake samples in red velvet (my fave), banana spice and chocolate (I think). I mean it was like three months ago, so cut me a little slack! Anyway, the cake was amazing. My sister and I tried the red velvet and my mom tried the banana (twice). I have, and still am, considering making my own cake(s). I'm usually pretty picky about cake and I don't like most bakery/grocery store cake, but this was good. And the price? $2.75/slice for buttercream frosting and your choice of filling. Seriously. That's a pretty good price and would save me a heck-of-a-lota work.



Simplicity Gourmet

This place is so freaking annoying. The only reason I'm featuring them in this post is to warn all of you bridal show goers to avoid this table. My mom pointed out that they were giving away a free vacation or something like that and without even reading the company name, I filled out all of my information. As soon as I started to walk away and I noticed the company, I instantly regretted it. They have called me before saying that I won a free vacation and all I had to do was go and sit through a demo of their fancy-shmancy cookware or something like that. Anyway if you google it, you'll see a ton of people have gotten these calls and I'm pretty sure it's a scam.

Gance's Catering

I found Gance's Catering online before the show so when I saw they were going to be there I was excited to try their food and get some information. I didn't actually try their food for some reason. I think I just wasn't interested in what they were having, or it involved a knife and fork which was just too much for me at the time. I was only interested in finger foods and/or things that could be eaten easily on the go. Anyway, their menu plans are crazy inexpensive. Like $18/person, inexpensive. When you have a guest list like ours, $18/person is like music to my ears. Their website also says they've catered to a bunch of celebrities like the Backstreet Boys, Cher, Barry Manilow, Willie Nelson and Dora the Explorer. Well if it's good enough for Cher, it's good enough for me!

Well, probably. I'd still like to try it first. They remain a strong contender.


Terra Cotta Catering

OH.MY.GAWD.SO.GOOD. Seriously. They had out a huge table of awesome mini-foods (See? Mini. Quick and small enough to keep my attention.) They had: pulled pork sliders, shaved roast beef sliders with chipotle mayo, smoked salmon and wasabi wontons and truffles! They actually probably had more stuff too but that's all I remember. I tried both of the sliders and the truffles and they were amazing! The two ladies that I talked to there were super nice and not at all pushy. I gave them my email and they sent me their menu and pricing options really quickly after the show. That's the kind of vendor I like. Awesome food? Check. Responsive and friendly? Check.


Terra Cotta

Terra Cotta is probably my #1 choice for catering right now. The food that we tried their was just amazing and good food is definitely something we are willing to splurge on.

* All photos are taken from their respective websites*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: