Getting Organized: Information Overload

I came home from our first bridal show with a gigantic shopping bag full of vendor information and pamphlets. My game plan for the show was to stop at each table, grab some information and be on our way. Then I could look through the information at home at my leisure and visit vendor websites or call them for more information. This went pretty well except for the fact that after Sean and I looked through our gigantic bag of vendor information our living room floor looked a little something like this:



 I quickly realized that I needed some sort of organization for all of this stuff. I didn't really want to throw much away since we haven't decided on any vendors yet. I also wanted to be able to just pull out all of our information on photographers or caterers to look through, instead of sorting through a a bag full of papers.

So I made a trip to good 'ole WalMart and came home with something like this:


I sorted all of our papers into thirteen categories:

1. Miscellaneous
2. Cake Bakeries
3. Catering
4. Photography
5. Hotel Accommodations
6. Florists
7. Reception Venues
8. DJs
9. Rental Companies
10. Tuxedo Rentals
11. Videographers
12. Travel Agents/Companies
13. Then I have an empty folder.. I'm not sure why. Maybe I took the stuff out and forgot to put it back? What could my 13th category have been?!

Pretty exciting stuff huh? Yeah, but it was something that needed to be done. I've also been working on creating a wedding binder but it's not anywhere near done and I've hit quite a few snags in putting it together. I'm about ready to shell out the money to buy a ready-made one.

How do you organize all of your wedding information?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: