Carbs & Sugar: My Frienemies

If you took a look (in a book?) at my buff bride page recently, you saw that I updated it with my weight loss for February. And that it was a mere 3 lbs. That's certainly progress and I'm happy about it, but it should have been better. Here's part of the reason why I had a fairly small loss: I'm a carb and sugar addict.

Take for example a snapshot of what I bought at the store last night.

 

That's diet ginger ale, Shape Brides (which was awesome by the way) and Pepperidge Farm Five Cheese Garlic Bread. We had some chicken cooking in the oven and Sean came out and mentioned that it smelled like garlic bread. Well that was all it took and I was hell bent on having garlic bread with dinner. So I went to Wegmans to get garlic bread. I ended up buying the garlic bread, soda (diet though!) and a health/fitness/wedding magazine. What?!

In all seriousness though, that magazine was pretty awesome! It has some great workouts in it, a few yummy looking recipes and some wedding related articles. I've been looking for a good strength training routine and wanted one specifically for brides-to-be. They had two great routines, one of which I haven't tried because it involved too many pieces of equipment that I don't have access to.

Anyway, back to the issue of my frienemy. Today I packed myself a pretty healthy lunch and snack to bring to work. Even though it was plenty filling and tasted good, I still found myself craving something else. This in particular:



(I actually had my own pic, but my blackberry doesn't want to let me have it.)
That my friends, is a Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks, and it is my kryptonite. I love caramel macchiatos and lattes, my ass does not.

*sigh*

How do you fight cravings and eat healthy?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: