Success!! Mostly.

I finally got the design work for this blog mostly finished!

If you were poking around last week or the week before I'm sure you noticed things were kind of a mess. None of the buttons lined up on the top nav bar and things just looked weird in general. Well, I spent approximately 86598 hours in Gimp working on a new design and then 287589 hours wading around in the html code for this template making some changes. It took a long time and it was really frustrating at times.



I know very very little about html code so I really had no idea what I was doing. I won't get into the details of the changes I made. Mostly because they're boring, but also because I can't really explain anything. I spent some time figuring out which pieces of code were associated with each function of the blog and then just played around until I figured it out. I also used a few tutorials from bloggerbuster when I really got stuck. If you are looking to make a few design changes to your blog, I definitely recommend checking it out. The tutorials are really easy to follow and they will show you exactly what pieces of code to find and what to replace/add/delete to make the changes you want.

Anyway, aside from still needing to move a few buttons and make a few small changes, I'm hoping this is it for a while! Let me know what you think and be sure to let me know if this site looks exceptionally odd to you. It looks fine on my laptop at home and on my computer at work but I know every browser will load it differently.

Anyone else do blog design work?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: