I've got a fever, and the only cure is....

A house and puppy.

Sean and I have been happy apartment dwellers for about 4 years now. We lived in a smallish one bedroom apartment that served us well for about three years, but we quickly outgrew it. When Sean was hired full time at his current job last Summer and we (he) was making good money, we moved out, and up. Now we live in an almost 1200 square foot, two bedroom, two bath apartment that oozes awesomeness. It's on the second (and top) floor but has a private entrance, our own washer and dryer, cozy porch, tankless hot water heater and it was brand spanking new when we moved in.

So lets recap: our rent is reasonable and our apartment is awesome. So why am I itching to move out? My sister.



Ahh.. sisterly love. I really do love her though, watch for a post coming up about my dear sister and my bridal party choices.

Anyway back to the point. My dear sister recently made two large purchases.

First she bought this:

and then she bought this:

That my dear internet friends is an eight week old golden retriever puppy. Quite possibly the cutest thing ever.

We had two golden retrievers growing up so we both love, love, love, golden retrievers. And a golden retriever puppy? Does it get any better?

I am so happy and excited for my sister for both of these things. She works hard and she definitely deserves a nice house to call her own and a super cute puppy to match.

Buuuuuut.... I want a puppy too! And while our apartment is big and pet friendly, we already have two crazy cats. There is just no way we can get a dog while living in this apartment. 

I also apparently watch way too much HGTV and read a little too much Young House Love and Knock-off Wood because I'm really itching to do some projects that really require a house.

So every couple of days hours, I complain to Sean that I want to buy a house and get a dog. Then he says no and that our life is too much in transition to buy a house and that no, we cannot have a dog and two cats in our apartment. And even though I know he's absolutely right, I still pout a little.


Have you ever gotten house or puppy fever? And more importantly, do you know of a cure?!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: