Wanna Talk More About My Venue Search?

Good. Me too.

So I told you before about my venue wish list and all about how I haven't found a venue we like. Well, we still haven't found anything. On top of that wish list is another secret wish list that I keep in my head that keeps me from liking a lot of our options.



Secret Wish #1
A big fat design-it-all-myself tent wedding.


I know I said before that I was looking for some outside space and possibly a venue with great outside views. Well that was kind of a lie. I really just flat out want an outdoor tent wedding. Actually, I'd really like an outdoor wedding without the tent but since we live in New York and not California, I don't see that happening.


Secret Wish #2
A river-front wedding.

And again, I said before I'd be happy with any sort of water or mountain view but truthfully I think the only thing that could really satisfy me is a riverfront. Oceans and lakes are nice, sure, but my heart belongs with rivers. I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes and probably with good reason. But I grew up on a river and it holds a special place in my heart. I love the sight and sound of the water flowing over the rocks, heck, I even love the smell (and that's love my friend! Have you ever smelled a river in the heat of Summer?)

So right now we are looking at maybe finding a state/county/local park that is waterfront and would allow us to set up a big tent and have a wedding on the grounds. Last weekend we drove around to a few state parks, Watkins Glen, Buttermilk, Robert Treman and Taughannock, but we didn't find a winner. I'll still post about that trip later though, because we had a lot of fun.

Have any of you had a secret or not-so-secret venue wish list?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Dancy said...

Oh no! I forgot to respond to your Question. Check out The Grandview in Poughkeepsie - it's right on the water & sounds like exactly what you want (grandviewevents.com)

Further South- there's tons of places in Tarrytown that face the water & there's Harvest on the Hudson too www.harvest2000.com/hoh

There's also a strand of clubs on the LI Sound in New Rochelle - they're really reasonable in price but that's lower Westchester.

Good luck!