We Visit our Second Bridal Show: Hilarity Does Not Ensue

After my first bridal show success with my mom and sister, I was excited to drag Sean to some other shows around Rochester where we live. So a mere one week after the bridal show in Binghamton, I ventured off to a bridal show at the RIT Inn in Henrietta. I told Sean about how much fun we had at the first show and how we even got to try some yummy food to get him excited to come. I lived to regret those words.



The differences between my first two bridal shows were like night and day. The first show was pretty casual, not too crowded, vendors (for the most part) were nice and helpful without being too pushy, we sampled some yummy food, got chances to win some great prizes ( even though we didn't) and weren't spammed by the show organizers or any vendors after the show. At the second show however, it was crazy crowded, vendors were practically jumping over their tables at us and most were really pushy, there was practically no food (just one cake bakery), not very many good giveaways and the spam. Oh, the spam. It started the day after I registered for the show!! I have gotten so much junk mail (in both physical and email form) from them since I went to that show, it's ridiculous.


I very quickly grew frustrated and annoyed and I could see the look in Sean's eyes saying, "You tricked me! This place is like a zoo! This is not fun!" So I sped through the place, grabbing pamphlets and information, never stopping long enough to get sucked in by any vendors (except at the cake table, I took my time there!) and high-tailed it out of there. we left there a little shocked. I had heard other brides tell stories of crazy bridal shows, but after my first experience, I kind of wrote off all of those stories.

Attending this show (or any in Rochester, really) was really kind of pointless on my part. We aren't planning to get married or have any part of the wedding festivities in or around Rochester. we really want to have it back home, in the mountains. And even more, I just graduated from college and am looking for a new job so we many  not even be living here in a few months! But I reasoned with myself that we may find a great photographer that could travel to our wedding downstate.

I was definitely a little bummed about the experience overall, but it didn't stop me from dragging Sean to another one just a few weeks later!


Have you gone to any bridal shows? Did you have fun? Or run for the exit?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: